Interpretation request procedure
A. Interpretation and translation services are available to Third Country nationals*:
1) To Asylum seekers – only for the purpose of implementing the socioeconomic inclusion plan in cooperation with social workers and social mentors (interpretation services)
2) To persons with refugee and alternative status – 12 months after receiving status for assistance for various integration-based purposes (interpretation and translation services)
3) To legal immigrants for assistance in various integration-based situations (interpretation and translation services)
4) To different representatives of organizations, institutions, employers, landlords etc. to ensure communication among professionals and third country nationals* (interpretation and translation services)
B. Interpretation and translation services are NOT provided to communicate in Russian and English.
C. To receive interpretation or translation services to communicate with legal immigrants, including asylum seekers, refugees and persons granted subsidiary protection status, you mus fill in the interpretation request and send it to the interpreters coordinator at “Patvērums “Drošā māja”” to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Identify the need for an interpreter.
2. Fill out the request form (download HERE) for and email to email@example.com.
3. The request is processed, interpreter coordinated and requester informed about the availability of the interpreter within one weekday.
4. Interpretation is carried out in the previously agreed time, place and language.
5. The interpreter fills out reports (in case of interpretation on the spot the requester signs for the interpretation carried out and the migrant fills out the evaluation form)
6. At the beginning of next month the requester receives a customer satisfaction survey to be submitted to the interpreters coordinator.
We kindly ask to use technical resources (such as Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Viber, WeChat etc.) for cases outside Riga.
Daily and in case of emergency interpretation is available in the following languages:
Dari, Farsi, Kurdish, Pashtoo, Arabic, Urdu, Chinese, French, Hindi, Punjabi, Azerbaijani, Uzbek, Tajik.
Feel free to address you inquiries to the interpreters coordinator by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 28006615 (LMT).
The service is provided within the project "Information Centre for Newcomers" which is implemented by the society "Shelter "Safe House"" within the framework of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. The project is co-financed by the European Union. Grant Agreement No.PMIF/12/2017/2/01.
*A third-country national is any person who is not a citizen of the member states of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation.